For the past 20 years, System1 (previously BrainJuicer) has been a pioneer of innovation in the market research industry.
Our Mission at System1 is to empower every marketer to create effective advertising, launch successful innovation and build brand equity. We enable this through 3 market beating products – Test Your Ad, Test Your Idea and Test Your Brand.
With world-class IP that truly understands what drives creative effectiveness, as demonstrated in recent IPA publications Lemon and Look Out by Orlando Wood, we have a hugely valuable asset. We have also created the world’s largest database of ads with over 80,000 in the US and UK, enabling customers to benchmark vs. the category and competition and generate unique insight into what works.
As a result of our IP, unique database, product offer and expert creative guidance we have been able to win some of the world’s most famous brands such as Coke, Ford and Adidas.
We have ambitious growth targets for the business and in order to achieve these targets we need to rapidly build Fame for the business. This is the key mission of the Marketing team. This passionate team is responsible for and works hard to create and deliver campaign-able ideas through which to inspire and engage marketing and advertising leaders across the world, though with a focus on the USA and UK.
Large-scale events organized by major media companies, conferences and associations enable System1 to get in front of its target audience: brand-side CMOs, insights teams and brand managers and advertising agency-side creatives and executives. Multiple activations at these events, such as on-stage panel discussions, presentations and fireside chats that promote our thought leadership, and experiential elements at System1’s stands enable attendees to interact with System1 in numerous ways.
We’re looking for an Events Manager to join our team!
Becoming part of our team
AIM Listed, and with 10 Global Offices and over 150 employees System1 is a fast-changing business. With exceptional IP, technological advantage and a world class team we are very well positioned for rapid growth. Central to this is our people. We need to hire the right people, into the right roles, at the right time.
- Are you up for being a part of the Marketing Team to promote System1, our thought leadership, partnership activity, product launches and promotional activity?
- Are you excited by conceptualizing event themes and activations, executing these ideas and measuring event success?
- Do you relish the role of being the disruptor in a category and rise to the challenge of stretching goals?
What will you be doing?
- Event Management – many of our campaigns are promoted through events such as conferences with speaking engagements and brand activations, book launches, webinars, awards, networking events etc. Events will be primarily located in the US and UK. You will be responsible for making sure these are well planned and everyone across the business is properly and regularly briefed. Responsibilities before, during and after events may include:
- Researching and selecting vendors and sites for conferences and events
- Overseeing relationships with all third-party event vendors
- Developing and/or executing creative event themes and activations that effectively engage attendees
- Supporting the development of event collateral and presentations
- Managing event costs to ensure they remain in budget and overseeing invoicing
- Attending in-person events to support the Marketing and Sales teams and ensure everything is running as planned; resolve any issues that might occur
- Analyzing event results to assess and justify the investments made and identify areas for improvement for future events
- Marketing Plan – you will be responsible for keeping the marketing plan updated with regards to the events and activities that you will manage. You will also be responsible for sharing regular updates on activity with the sales team and broader business.
- Team Building – occasionally there will be internal team building events that require input, planning and support; past events have been hosted in London, New York and Sao Paolo and have included learning and training, dinners and team-building activities like brewery tours and axe throwing
You need to be this kind of person:
- Getting things done – a fantastic ability to get things done on time and to a high standard, especially while managing multiple projects simultaneously. Being highly organized is a must
- Relationship Builder – working with many different teams both internal and external requires strong relationship building and customer service skills
- Positive Attitude – enjoys working in a creative and fast-moving environment and thrives in a team role co-ordinating between different teams and in a leadership role
- Intellectual Curiosity – given the thought leadership we create and foundation in behavioural science an appreciation and curiosity in our research would help
- You will report to and work closely with the Global Head of Communications, based in Chicago
- You will work closely with the rest of the Marketing team (based in the UK)
- You will also work with other teams in the business, in particular Sales, which has team members across the US, Europe, APAC and South America
- You will work with external teams at major event organizations, like Advertising Week New York, Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, Festival of Marketing and more
Ideally you will also have some of the following experience, however we feel that attitude is more relevant than previous experience:
- Contract negotiation – helping System1 secure the best possible rates for event sponsorships and partnerships
- Copy writing – supporting the development of conference speaking submissions and award entries
Special Position Requirements:
- Ability to travel, including overnight stays, as required
- 23 days of PTO, 13 holidays and 2 half-day “Declutter Days”
- 401(k) with employer match up to 4%
- Medical (Oxford EOP and PPO Health Plans), Dental (Aetna), Vision (VSP)
- Up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave following the birth of an employee’s child or the placement of a child with an employee in connection with adoption or foster care.
- Life Cover with Metropolitan Life Insurance Co.
- Our benefits are administered by ADP. US Employees are entitled to most of our benefits upon the 1st of the following month of which you joined.
A little bit more background:
- We were the first to champion the predictive accuracy, cost & speed advantages of online research.
- The first to use online interactive and recursive capability, to automatically capture and structure any number of open-ended consumer responses. Since 2000, System1’s MindReader has been used 50m times collecting over 100m open responses.
- The first to champion the accuracy of Predictive Markets (wisdom of crowds) and validate its ability to better predict the market potential of our clients’ new product ideas. Since 2004 we have successfully assessed the market potential of over 50,000 innovations.
- The first to create an online measure of emotion and validate that a consumers’ feelings about a brand and its marketing are the best predictor of their market potential.
- The first to launch a service that will test every single Ad across key categories that runs on Television in the UK and USA (all FMCG, Automotive, Financial Services etc). Test Your Ad is an online subscription-based Ad testing tool that provides predictive next day ratings for any new ad – and past 12 months advertising performance – for any brand or company.
- The first to launch a Creative Guidance System that enables customers to improve the effectiveness of their creative all the way through the process.
- Ground breaking thought leadership in the form of “Lemon – How The Advertising Brain Turned Sour” – a joint initiative with the IPA – and their most successful publication ever