Key Account Director
System1 is the leading global MarTech decision making platform. We help brands measure and understand whether their marketing works. Predictive technology is our passion but our focus is very much human. We understand the power of emotion and capture the nuances of human behaviour to power data-driven decisions. We want to drive change and rewire behaviours, envisioning a world where our pioneering methodologies are embedded in the workflows of every marketing decision-maker. We are also who we are because of our people. So if you share our enthusiasm, are ambitious, creative, and highly motivated, then we’d love to hear from you! Join the System1 team to continue to help us remove the guesswork for marketeers everywhere, as well as secure our growth, ambition, and success.
We are looking for an ambitious & experienced commercial professional to join our UK commercial operations where you will be an integral part of System1’s transformation from a market research consultancy to a global provider of technology-based data & insights.
Your principal remit shall be to provide commercial leadership within the region to prospect, develop, manage, and grow key accounts to support the company’s ambition growth plans. This will require strong input into and execution of Go-to-Market strategy for System1’s three product areas of focus; Test Your Ad, Test Your Brand and Test Your Idea.
Reporting into the General Manager, Europe & APAC, you will be working in the UK region to successfully deliver on the commercial strategy and our financial targets.
The successful candidate will be a key figure in the commercial leadership of the business, with high visibility to the executive team and the role requirement to develop interfaces across all areas of the business to ensure efficient execution of the commercial strategy.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated commercial professional with the profile to both develop and execute on commercial strategy within a dynamic business environment.
They will need to display a passionate interest in sales and marketing approaches for data and insight products, with the ability to leverage the latest thinking to target and grow strategic client relationships across our industries of focus.
They must possess an entrepreneurial mindset, accepting the realities of operating within a business committed to disrupting the market via an aggressive insurgent strategy focused on communicating the benefits of the delivering high value at high volumes in the area of marketing effectiveness.
- Leadership of strategic UK based accounts to grow share of wallet through up and cross selling strategies
- Focus on client value generation to ensure retention of and growth within key accounts
- Proactive development of buying centres within client business to broaden System1’s reach and ability to access new budget pools
- Proactive prospecting of new strategic accounts, generating, cementing, and growing new relationships to increase System1’s client base in industries of focus
- Lead on big pitches (£250k+ opportunity) to ensure Go-to-Market strategy is deployed effectively and to maximise conversion
- Contribute to the UK commercial team as an experienced commercial professional with exemplary behaviour and account leadership, offering support, and ensuring the correct strategy is deployed for all major opportunities
Personal attributes and skills:
- A track record of leading sales and marketing strategies in data and insights businesses.
- An understanding of the theories and approach behind SaaS based selling for data products
- Experience of working within the key industries of focus; Technology, Automotive, Financial Services and Consumer Goods
- A natural communicator that can persuade and influence others
- Proactive with a problem-solving mind-set
- Attention to detail and a willingness to dig down into details while retaining a sense of the broader picture are essential
- Determined and resourceful, able to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Dynamic, able to work with multiple teams in multiple time zones and locations
- Ideally bachelor’s degree, Masters or MBA
- Experience in sales, product, and general leadership