Which Ads Won the Women’s World Cup?
In this episode, we’re joined by Jill Schaefer, our Associate Research Director, and Jack Mayor, Head of Ad Ratings in the UK. We’re joined by Jack and Jill to talk about the Women’s World Cup ads that started airing this June, which ones were successful and which ones didn’t quite hit the mark.
The 2019 Women’s World Cup kicked off this June, sparking discussions beyond on-the-pitch performances.
Whilst the tournament has raised criticism around global encouragement, development and investment in women’s sports, it has also been a story of positive progress for the competition.
We tested WWC ads launched in the UK and US that showed some brands have been quick to capture this spirit in their advertising with great success.
Ads talked about in this episode:
- NIKE – “Dream Further” (UK, 4.6 Stars; US, 4.2 Stars)
- NIKE – “Dream with US” (US, 3.8 Stars)
- Budweiser – “Heart of a King” (UK, 3.5 Stars)
- Qatar Airways – “Newest Destination” (UK, 3.5 Stars)
- Visa – “Great Technique” (UK, 2.1 Stars)
- Visa – “Build Greatness” (UK, 2.9 Stars)
Jill’s fantastic article on the ads: