VP, Business Development
For the past 20 years, System1 has been a pioneer of innovation in the creative and marketing research world. You might have previously known us as Brainjuicer.
Our Mission at System1 is to empower every marketer to create effective advertising, launch successful innovation and build brand equity. We enable this through 3 market-beating products – Test Your Ad, Test Your Idea and Test Your Brand.
Our world-class IP offers the most predictive measure for what drives creative effectiveness, as shown in the recent IPA publications of Lemon and Look Out by Orlando Wood, System1’s Chief Innovation Officer.
We have created the world’s largest data platform for advertising, innovation, and brand effectiveness. This includes our database of over 70,000 ads and 50,000 ideas, tested in 90 countries, with more than 10 million people. This marketing decision-making platform enables our customers to benchmark their marketing versus competitors and their category.
Our expert creative guidance helps clients to generate unique insight into what’s most effective for their brand and business.
As a result, System1 work with hundreds of the World’s most famous consumer and business brands including Coca-Cola, Ford, Adidas, Sky, Microsoft, Lenovo, LinkedIn, Shopify, Danone, Carlsberg, IKEA, P&G, and many household names.
We’re an inclusive company with diverse teams across Europe, the USA, Latin America, and the Asia Pacific. We continuously invest in thought-leadership to inspire our people and our clients. An example is System1’s recent Feeling Seen research revealing that more diverse and inclusive advertising is more effective.
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced account marketing commercial professional to join our US operations where you will be an integral part of System1’s transformation from a market research consultancy to a global provider of technology-based data and insights.
Your principal remit shall be to provide strategic commercial leadership within the US to develop a purposely driven strategy that is designed to leverage technologies, processes and sales enablement content to drive demand, qualify leads and develop into new clients to support the company’s ambitious growth plans. This will require strong input into processes, technologies and execution of Go-to-Market strategy for System1’s three product areas of focus; Test Your Ad, Test Your Brand and Test Your Idea.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President –
- Leveraging strategic marketing technologies and tactics to proactively prospect for new strategic accounts, generating, cementing, and growing new relationships to increase System1’s client base in industries of focus
- Develop a process and leverage Martech to optimize the funnel to score and qualify MQLs (inbound inquiries), SQLs as a new lead, and execute a lead generation strategy to convert new customers to System 1
- As the SME, you will lead big pitches across all verticals to ensure Go-to-Market strategy is deployed effectively and to maximise conversion
- Leverage and build off the marketing and sales enablement content that we do in the US the fame building, which revolves around thought leadership, podcasts, and other kinds of PR and events leveraging those opportunities to convert New Business leads into System1 customers
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills, with a track record of being a
fantastic relationship builder that that can build trust in a short space of time with senior
- Strong creativity skills. An understanding of the creative development process and how
testing can create value in delivering more effective work
- Proven pitch winner, that can inspire people within seconds of meeting them, with an ability
to quickly understand a customer’s business and how to successfully pitch System1’s products
- Naturally driven, with excellent organisational skills. Capability to handle lots of different
tasks, and a strong bias for action and ensuring the delivery of leads and proposals
- Determined, with an ability to never give up and persist with an opportunity until results are
achieved. Ideally demonstrated through experience of using creativity and grit in challenging
a dominant market player
- Experience creating and executing a brand plan either from within a marketing department
or as an agency support to the process (e.g., agency planner)
- High levels of empathy and emotional intelligence
- Growing a Business – You have pitched and won new business proposals. You can demonstrate a track record of growing a brand or business, and what it takes to succeed
- Planning a Brand – You have experience creating and executing a brand plan either from within a marketing department or as an agency support to the process
- Developing Effective Creative – You know the creative development process and how understanding the audience response can inspire more effective creative
- Being a Challenger – You have succeeded in environments where it helps to take on a challenger mindset, especially standing-out among an industry that’s full of the ‘old-establishment’
- Salary: $137.5k per annum
- 23 days PTO
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- and much more!