Vice President / Research Director
In the words of one of our senior clients recently…
System1 recognised this need for change early. In fact, we were born out of a desire to change in an industry that didn’t appear to move with the times.
Our drive to discover breakthrough marketing solutions guaranteed to help our clients grow more (and waste less) has led to our have being voted the “Most Innovative Agency” by clients and agencies alike for six of the past seven years:
- The first to champion the predictive accuracy, cost & speed advantages of online research.
- The first to use online interactive and recursive capability, to automatically capture and structure any number of open-ended consumer responses. Since 2000, System1’s MindReader has been used 50m times collecting over 100m open responses.
- The first to champion the accuracy of Predictive Markets (wisdom of crowds) and validate its ability to better predict the market potential of our clients’ new product ideas. Since 2004 we have successfully assessed the market potential of over 50,000 innovations.
- The first to create an online measure of emotion and validate that a consumers’ feelings about a brand and its marketing are the best predictor of their market potential.
System1 is an ambitious business. Our objective is to continue to spearhead our industry’s change agenda. This innovative and entrepreneurial spirit has led to more major new global launches for this year that will change the way Marketing Leaders approach Market Research:
- The first to launch a service that tests every single Ad that runs on Television in several categories in the UK and USA. System1 Ad Ratings is an online subscription service and provides predictive next day ratings for any new ad – and past 12+ months advertising performance – for any brand or company. We are predicting this will become the industry standard – and a “must have” tool for every marketing leader in the world.
- The first to launch a better, cheaper faster way for clients to test earlier, more often, more accurately than ever before. The System1 Creative Guidance System is a new Research & Strategic Guidance tool that has been specifically designed to be flexible enough to fit with any client’s existing advertising development process.
Becoming part of our team
AIM Listed, and with 10 Global Offices and over 150 employees, System1 is now set for delivering the next phase of its own growth agenda. Central to this is our people. We need to hire the right people, into the right roles, at the right time. In short, we need amazing colleagues to join the S1 Revolution.
We are looking for a talented and experienced person to join our team to lead our Research and Guidance team in New York and Chicago, to drive our ambitious growth plans going forward.
- Are you up for being a part of the Research & Guidance global team, leading our team of talented market researchers in New York and Chicago, to deliver 5-star recommendation and guidance to our clients?
- Are you up for helping to build the new Research & Guidance team as the System1 business moves forward to drive our growth agenda?
- Would you like to work with colleagues who are passionate about changing the marketing landscape?
- Do you want to be part of the Revolution at System1?
What would you be doing?
- The Research & Guidance team within System1 is responsible for delivering 5-Star debriefs on time, 100% of the time, meeting the growth ambitions of the company.
- This division manages research projects from commission to debrief, interfacing directly with the internal sales teams and the clients, to deliver both continuous and ad hoc research projects according to specifications that exceed clients’ expectations.
- It focuses on continuous improvement in productivity & company profitability whilst delivering the above, and offer opportunities for our people to develop mastery in our research practices.
- As the Research & Guidance lead and a top notch researcher, you’ll review all the work created by the team to ensure it arrives with our sales teams at the agreed quality & on time, every time.
- You’ll define and assign roles and responsibilities within the team, be responsible for workload management, appoint mission-based teams to work on critical initiatives, working closely with your peers in Los Angeles and Sao Paolo.
- You’ll be managing a team (c.8) who will require development and coaching.
- This position reports to the Global Head of R&G, and works closely with Delivery, IT and HR teams to deliver agreed KPIs and business goals.
You need to be this kind of person:
- Performance focused and data-oriented decision maker
- Able to motivate team members
- Interested in people’s development
- Likes to listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues in a transparent way
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking
You need to have the following experience:
- 8 years’+ experience in the professional services industry, with focus in market research, marketing and advertising – ad testing, concept testing and tracking experience advantageous
- Proven work experience as a team leader, to create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- In-depth knowledge of performance metrics and continuous improvement
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Decision-making skills