System1 has been one of the pioneers of this change. As The Effectiveness Agency, our Mission at System1 is to empower every marketer to create great advertising and prove creativity’s value to their business. Ultimately our vision is for a world where every single advertising dollar is effective –and no money is wasted.
Becoming part of our team
AIM Listed, and with 10 Global Offices and over 150 employees System1 is now set for delivering the next phase of its own growth agenda. Central to this is our people. We need to hire the right people, into the right roles, at the right time.
In short, we need amazing colleagues to join the S1 Revolution.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Project Manager to join our IT Team, delivering core strategic projects.
- Are you able to run multiple concurrent development projects, with teams consisting of around 4-5 developers?
- Are you up for being heavily involved in stakeholder management, and reporting, through all levels of the organisation including the Exec?
- Can you work with agile development teams to balance agile delivery and commercial timing?
What will you be doing?
- Working with the project working group to ensure that deliverables are identified, broken down and then planned in line with the System 1 Methodology.
- Working with the IT teams to build, and manage, a delivery plan for each project, with a focus on delivering benefit early, and consistently. Managing external dependencies (within the business) are understood, with clear expectations set and management through delivery.
- Providing high quality communications to the IT Programme, and to the wider business stakeholders, on a regular basis.
- Maintaining tight control on project scope, working with the Product Owner/Executive Sponsor to take decisions where appropriate.
- Working with the Product Owner, and Commercial Managers, to align delivery timings with commercial activity, training and customer communication.
You need to be this kind of person:
- Hands on Project Manager, with experience of managing IT projects through the full lifecycle, ideally in a Digital space.
- Experience of working on projects end-to-end, you’ll be solutions driven, strategic in your thinking and have an awareness of the big picture and your part within it.
- You will have excellent stakeholder management skills and an ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- You will have good communication and negotiation skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of business and IT teams.
- You will have excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Good team player who can foster strong relationships cross-functionally.
You need to have the following experience:
- Experience managing multiple IT projects end-to-end, mainly around the development space, using the approach that is appropriate to the project in hand.
- Experience of working within an Agile software development environment is essential. Experience delivering change into Digital/eCommerce, environments would be a significant advantage.
- Strong use of Project Management tools and techniques, being able to maintain, and communicate, core documentation including the Plan, RAID Log and Budget.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to prepare and present information using different techniques to report status and provide bespoke updates as required.
- Able to facilitate decision making at a Stakeholder level, and support the project teams, as required.
- Capable to confidently liaise with, influence and challenge stakeholders at all levels including directors, senior managers and IT change professionals. Know when escalation is necessary and timely
- Must be a self-starter and delivery focused with a positive collaborative attitude.
- Solid experience (min 3 years) in a Project Management role.
- Appropriate certifications in Business Analysis, Prince 2/PMI would be desirable, but not essential, depending on experience levels.