Global Communications Manager
System1 is The Creative Effectiveness Platform that harnesses the power of emotion to drive growth for the world’s leading brands.
Our Test Your Ad (TYA) and Test Your Idea (TYI) solutions quickly predict the short- and long-term commercial potential of ads and ideas, giving marketers confidence that their creative concepts will resonate with consumers and drive profitable commercial growth. Complementing TYA and TYI is Test Your Brand (TYB), which measures the impact of ads and ideas on brand health.
With a database of over 100,000 ads, System1 allows brands to compare their ads against competitors, and System1’s expert guidance helps brands improve the effectiveness of ads and ideas.
System1 was founded in 2000 by Founder & President John Kearon and has operations in Europe, North America, Brazil, Singapore, and Australia.
Becoming part of our team
- AIM Listed, and with 10 Global Offices and over 150 employees, System1 is a fast-changing business. With exceptional IP, technological advantage and a world-class team we are very well positioned for rapid growth. Central to this is our people. We need to hire the right people, into the right roles, at the right time.
- Are you up for being a part of the Marketing team to promote System1, our thought leadership, partnership activity, product launches and promotional
- Are you excited by working with leading edge IP and products that can make a huge impact on our customers’ businesses?
- Do you relish the role of being the disruptor in a category and rise to the challenge of stretching goals?
- Do you enjoy being able to utilise various skills, like copywriting, research, event planning and relationship building?
What will you be doing?
- Event Management – many of our campaigns require a high level of event organisation (marketing conferences, book launches, webinars, awards, networking events etc). You will be responsible for making sure these are well planned and everyone across the business is briefed.
- Campaign Support – you will support the Global Head of Communications in the development of our global campaigns. Examples of previous campaigns include The Greenprint, Feeling Seen, Wise Up! and Nation’s favourite Ads. These represent thought leadership for the business and are used to create Fame and ultimately create new business leads.
- PR Management – you will support the Global Head of Communications in working closely with our PR agency to ensure we have maximised every possible opportunity to promote System1. You will also work with our partners to find ways to amplify their PR and ensure we gain from it.
- Marketing Plan – you will be responsible for keeping the marketing plan updated with regards to the activities that you will manage. You will also be responsible for sharing regular updates on activity with the sales team and broader business.
Partnership Support – we have a very experienced team spending a lot of time working with partners (media owners and ad agencies like ITV, Pinterest and Radiocentre) and customers. There will be opportunities to support them in the creation of materials and managing events
- Media Partners – Build out and work with our broad range of media, content, and publishing partners to celebrate our thought leadership and showcase platform success. As part of this you will be responsible for managing our ongoing relationship with leading publication Marketing Week.
You need to be this kind of person
- Getting Things Done – a fantastic ability to get things done on time and to a high standard. Enjoys getting stuck in and working to fast deadlines
- Relationship Builder – leveraging relationship-building skills to work with many different teams both internal and external
- Positive Attitude – enjoys working in a creative and fast-moving environment and thrives in a team role co-ordinating between different teams
- Intellectual Curiosity – given the thought leadership we create and foundation in behavioural science, an appreciation and curiosity in our research would help
- Creative Copy Writing – given the amount of content we create it would be helpful to have good writing skills to establish a consistent tone of voice
You need to have the following experience
- PR – experience being involved in PR initiatives to create Fame for a brand
- Event Management – planning, hosting & publicising events
- Creative Development – given the focus on ad testing and creative guidance, it would be helpful if you have been involved in creative development and know the process
- Copy Writing – writing copy for features and also working with a copywriter. We have our own in-house ‘editor in chief’ who is very good so leveraging his content and style would be good.
A little bit more background
- You will report to the Global Head of Communications
- You will work closely with the rest of the Marketing team to deliver our activations
- You will also work closely with all other teams in the business, in particular the Sales and research and guidance (R&G) teams.
- We were the first to champion the predictive accuracy, cost & speed advantages of online research.
- The first to use online interactive and recursive capability, to automatically capture and structure any number of open-ended consumer responses. Since 2000, System1’s
- MindReader has been used 50m times collecting over 100m open responses.
- The first to champion the accuracy of Predictive Markets (wisdom of crowds) and validate its ability to better predict the market potential of our clients’ new product ideas.
- Since 2004 we have successfully assessed the market potential of over 50,000 innovations.
- The first to create an online measure of emotion and validate that a consumers’ feelings about a brand and its marketing are the best predictor of their market potential.
- The first to launch a service that will test every single Ad across key categories that runs on Television in the UK and USA (all FMCG, Automotive, Financial Services etc).
- Test Your Ad is an online subscription-based Ad testing tool that provides predictive next day ratings for any new ad – and past 12 months advertising performance – for any brand or company.
- The first to launch a Creative Guidance System that enables customers to improve the effectiveness of their creative all the way through the process.
- Groundbreaking thought leadership in the form of “Lemon – How The Advertising Brain Turned Sour” – a joint initiative with the IPA – and their most successful publication ever, and the sequel “Look out”
- Competitive salary + bonus scheme
- Health Insurance / Medical Insurance / Dental Insurance
- Pension / 401K Plan
- Flexible working arrangements (hybrid)
- Educational reimbursement opportunities
- Unlimited opportunities to interact with some of the leading thinkers in advertising and marketing fields
- A Recognition Scheme to say thank you!
- Regular socials, including summer and winter parties.
- Financial Health checks
- Wellbeing resources, including “de-clutter days” for your personal and professional needs.
- We welcome applicants from all diverse communities and encourage our candidates to ask us about reasonable adjustments that we may be able to make to support through our recruitment process and while in post
We welcome applicants from all diverse communities and encourage our candidates to ask us about reasonable adjustments that we may be able to make to support through our recruitment process and while in post.