We are looking for a D365 F&O experienced & commercially driven Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Analyst. The candidate will report to Head of FP&A while working closely with the Senior Executive team and Head of group Account & reporting on a number of exciting projects throughout the year.
The Main responsibilities are as follows:
Budgeting and forecasting
- Assist with the group annual budget and periodic reforecasts.
- Partner with budget holders to understand their requirements whilst providing steer and challenge to drive desired commercial outcomes.
- Assimilate multiple budget inputs and articulately present these at consolidated, divisional and legal entity views.
- Assist the business with translating the agreed outcome into business plans and target KPIs.
- Model financial impact of new business initiatives.
- Support the continues improvement agenda and escalate deficiencies.
- Develop new KPIs and enhance data accuracy for informed decision making.
Data analytics and insights
- Assist with Board reporting pack.
- Preparation of monthly departmental expense reports.
- Calculate project actual reports against forecast.
- Ad hoc reporting requirement from stakeholders.
D365 F&O and Power BI support
- Assist with system accountant to better use D365 F&O.
- Initiating Power BI dashboards.
- Help to manage D365 Accounts receivable (AR) automation.
- Enhance Power BI user experience by developing existing reports.
Skills required to undertake the role:
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (xlookup, vlookup, Power Pivot)
- Ability to effectively manipulate large and complex data sets, draw insights and provide a clear narrative on the areas requiring action.
- Commercial awareness in fast moving profit focused business.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- High attention to detail whilst maintaining a big picture view.
- Ability to problem-solve and think independently.
- Prior working knowledge of D365 F&O and Power BI
- Part-qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- Experience of working within a similar role and budget holders.
- Experience gained in SaaS industry is an advantage.