IT Development Team Lead
System1 is the leading global MarTech decision-making platform. We help brands measure and understand whether their marketing works. Predictive technology is our passion, but our focus is very much human. We understand the power of emotion and capture the nuances of human behaviour to power data-driven decisions. We want to drive change and rewire behaviours, envisioning a world where our pioneering methodologies are embedded in the workflows of every marketing decision-maker. We are also who we are because of our people. So, if you share our enthusiasm, are ambitious, creative, and highly motivated, then we’d love to hear from you! Join the System1 team to continue to help us remove the guesswork for marketeers everywhere, as well as secure our growth, ambition, and success.
Becoming part of our team
- AIM Listed, and with 10 Global Offices and over 150 employees System1 is now set for delivering the next phase of its own growth agenda. Central to this is our people. We need to hire the right people, into the right roles, at the right time. In short, we need amazing colleagues to join the S1 Revolution.
We are looking for a talented and experienced person to join our IT Team as IT Development Team Lead responsible for helping to deliver cutting edge software services to System1 customers.
The Development Team Lead reports to the Head of IT Development and will lead one of our teams (5-8 people). The Team Lead will be responsible for overseeing technical implementation, be hands on technically, do code reviews, own sprints, and team management (1-2-1, Personal Development )
If so, what would you be doing…?
- Leading one of our product delivery teams
- Own the teams sprints and its ceremonies
- Line managing team members
- Motivating team and drive performance culture
- Ensure best practice standards are adopted, throughout the application life cycle
- Support the Head of Development on the most complicated risks, issues and dependencies.
- Contribute to the community of practice, leading on specific disciplines, tools or methods as required
You need to be this kind of person…
- Empathetic and team oriented
- Excellent problem solver, with ability to think laterally when diagnosing complex issues
- A strong hands on coding
- People manager with skills including motivating, mentoring, coaching and performance management.
- Experienced in delivering highly complex software solutions in a demanding environment with many users
- Possess knowledge of software engineering best practice and experience of implementing these within own teams
You need to have the following experience
- 5 years working on the full-stack
- Experience in Agile and Continuous Delivery best practices
- Strong skills in:
- Latest version of Visual-studio : ASP.NET Core MVC/Pages
- SQL Server data tools
- Entity-Framework or similar
- Continuous integration build process
- Continuous delivery: Octopus or similar
- GIT, or similar
- Cloud-computing: experience of working with Azure/AWS, web apps