Public Relations Manager
Who we are and why we exist
System1 is a The Creative Effectiveness Platform. Our target customers are the world’s largest advertisers. These businesses understand that creativity is the most powerful tool for growth within their control. System1 helps them make confident creative decisions that lead to transformational business results.
What we do
System1 predicts and improves marketing effectiveness. Our advertising and idea tests measure emotion to give our customers the most accurate predictions of the business impact of creativity. We ‘predict’ (provide research results) and ‘improve’ (provide insight and consultancy on those results) on arguably three of the most critical marketing questions for our customers: advertising effectiveness, innovation effectiveness and brand effectiveness. We aspire to do these three things better than anyone else at a value that makes System1 our customers’ choice.
Becoming part of our team
- AIM Listed, and with 10 Global Offices and over 150 employees, System1 is a fast-changing business. With exceptional IP, technological advantage and a world-class team we are very well positioned for rapid growth. Central to this is our people. We need to hire the right people, into the right roles, at the right time.
- Are you up for being a part of the Marketing team to promote System1, our thought leadership, partnership activity and product launches?
- Are you excited by working with leading edge IP and products that can make a huge impact on our customers’ businesses?
- Do you relish the role of being the disruptor in a category and rise to the challenge of stretching goals?
- Do you enjoy being able to utilise various skills, like research, media relations, copywriting and relationship building?
What will you be doing?
- Marketing Plan – you will be responsible for keeping the marketing plan updated with regards to the activities that you will manage. You will also be responsible for sharing regular updates on PR activity with the sales team and broader business via e-mails, virtual and in-person meetings, System1’s intranet and a weekly internal company-wide newsletter
- PR Program Management – you will support the Global Head of Communications in working closely with our PR agency to help build Fame for System1
- Media Relations – regularly conduct outreach to secure media coverage for System1 in the advertising and marketing trades, vertical publications and Tier 1 outlets. You will help identify the most influential people at these target publications, build relationships with them and becomes their ‘go-to’ person for advertising insights. You will field inquiries in a timely manner to position the right spokespeople for the right media opportunities at the right time, ensuring they are properly briefed
- Copywriting Support – you will support copywriting, such as op-eds, recurring columns, comments from senior leadership, press releases, blogs and more, on topics such as the top ads of the Super Bowl, radio advertising best practices, new product launches, etc.
- Campaign Support – you will support the Global Head of Communications in the PR planning and execution of our global campaigns. Examples of previous campaigns include The Greenprint, Feeling Seen USA and Nation’s Favorite Ads. These represent thought leadership for the business and are used to create Fame and ultimately create new business leads
- Commercial Partnership Support – we have a very experienced team spending a lot of time working with commercial partners (media owners and ad agencies like LinkedIn, Pinterest and JCDecaux) and customers (the world’s leading advertisers). There will be opportunities to create PR campaigns around co-branded research with partners and customer success stories
- Fame Partnership Support – help build out and manage partnerships that will increase System1’s Fame, such as with advertising effectiveness organizations and media. For example, help replicate the success of our relationship with the UK publication Marketing Week with a US media partner to share ongoing insights that lead to recurring coverage
- LinkedIn Thought Leadership – help amplify System1’s thought leadership, partnerships, events and media coverage related to these via your personal LinkedIn profile. Regularly post and establish connections with relevant contacts to broaden System1’s Fame
- Event Support – we have partnerships with the Association of National Advertisers and Brand Innovators, which allows us to show up at annual conferences and exclusive events. This role will be partly responsible for managing our presence at these events and promoting System1-owned events around other key in-person events (e.g., Super Bowl) and webinars.
You need to be this kind of person:
- Relationship Builder – leveraging relationship-building skills to keep internal teams informed of the latest PR campaigns and updates, and external contacts updated on System1’s ongoing thought leadership
- Storyteller – you enjoy storytelling and finding creative ways to showcase evergreen content. We are also looking for someone who will be able to propose succinct yet compelling pitch angles around System1’s latest research
- Positive Attitude – enjoys working in a creative and fast-moving environment and thrives in a team role co-ordinating between different departments and regions
- Getting Things Done – a fantastic ability to get things done on time and to a high standard. Enjoys working on multiple projects at once without sacrificing quality
- Intellectual Curiosity – given the thought leadership we create and foundation in behavioral science, an appreciation and curiosity in our research and the world of advertising would help
You need to have the following experience:
- Agency and/or in-house experience – 5+ years’ experience working in a PR agency, managing media relations and account management for multiple client accounts, and/or in-house experience, preferably for a B2B organization focused on tech and/or marketing, or an advertising agency
- Established relationships and/or ability to secure media coverage across a variety of publications – first and foremost, System1 would like to build Fame through advertising and marketing trade publications. Secondarily, vertical trades are also relevant, such as those tied to FMCG, auto, healthcare, retail, etc. Lastly, some stories may be appropriate for Tier 1 outlets. We’re looking for someone who can create strong narratives and interesting pitch angles based on our data and capabilities
- Copy Writing – strong writing and editing skills. You’ll be developing press releases, features, etc. and working alongside our own in-house ‘editor in chief’, who knows System1’s voice. Leveraging his content and style will be essential
- Event support – experience helping businesses successfully show up at events and strengthen relationships with attending journalists via briefings with senior executives
- Competitive salary of $110,000 per annum + bonus scheme
- Medical Insurance / Dental Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Flexible working arrangements (hybrid)
- Educational reimbursement opportunities
- Unlimited opportunities to interact with some of the leading thinkers in advertising and marketing fields
- A Recognition Scheme to say thank you!
- Regular socials, including summer and winter parties.
- Financial Health checks
- Wellbeing resources, including “de-clutter days” for your personal and professional needs.
We welcome applicants from all diverse communities and encourage our candidates to ask us about reasonable adjustments that we may be able to make to support through our recruitment process and while in post.